This all started when the Nike R&D team spent some time with Rory. In the session Rory explain that he required more distance from his equipment, so he could focus more on controlling the golf ball. The end result being one of the longest, forgiving and most aesthetically pleasing drivers that Nike have ever produced. Hence why it didn't take long for Rory to equip the Fly in his golfing arsenal.
- Flightweight Crown features a 30 percent reduction in crown weight vs. last year’s model, resulting in a lower center of gravity and higher MOI for higher launch, less spin, and more forgiveness.
- New HyperFlight face is thinned out around the perimeter to produce extreme ball speed across the entire face for better performance on off-center hits.
- Re-engineered Compression Channel enables springboard effect to amplify performance on mis-hits.
- FlyBeam Reinforced Covert Cavity Back dramatically stiffens the chassis while redistributing weight to the heel and toe for maximum impact efficiency, tuned acoustics and forgiveness.
- FlexLoft Fairway hosel offers the unique ability to adjust loft and lie angle independently, offering six individual settings in each of five models to achieve optimal flight, more distance and enhanced workability.
- Athlete authentic Tour shape for forgiveness and workability.
- Highest MOI ever achieved.